Dear Ocean View Veterinary family,
We have reached a turning point in the fight against COVID-19. Thanks to advances in science, fewer people are becoming infected, which lets federal and state governments ease current COVID-19 restrictions.
In response to the ease of restrictions, Ocean View Veterinary Hospital will begin a phased reopening on June 7th. Due to space restrictions, increased patient load and in an effort to keep our clients and staff safe, Phase 1 of reopening will proceed as follows:
- A hybrid approach to appointments will be instituted:
- The first part of your appointment will continue to be curbside. Once you arrive at the practice, you should check-in by phone. A technician will call for a history and your pet will be brought into the building for examination and/or treatment.
- Once the exam or treatment is complete, one family member will be brought into the building for consultation with a doctor.
- Check-out will also be completed in the building.
- If you are picking up food and medication, one client will be allowed in the building.
- If you are dropping off for a procedure, one client will be allowed in the building.
- Any client entering the building must wear a mask that covers both the nose and mouth. The mask must remain in place until you leave. No exceptions will be made to this policy.
- If you are feeling ill, we ask that you not enter the building. Please advise a staff member of your condition; we will be happy to conduct your appointment curbside.
As always, we ask that you be patient with our staff as we begin this process. We also ask that you follow any instructions relayed by members of the staff. We understand that bringing your pet to the veterinarian can be very stressful. Delays and emergencies are unavoidable, but rest assured that we strive to provide each patient with the same level of care that you have come to expect.
Thank you for your continued support of Ocean View Veterinary Hospital.
The OVVH Team